Why? Maybe because I feel like I can barely keep my head above water these days. Aside from being consumed with two little ones, I am teaching (new term) and prepping to sell this house, our cars, send Piper to her new home (sad), spend time with friends here, while preparing my little crew for a totally new country and culture. We. Are. Overwhelmed.
This weekend we had Danny Beall's sweet best friend, "Uncle Bansk" here. What a blessing he is. We adore Bansk. He was in our wedding and through thick and thin, Uncle Bansk has loved and supported us and our marriage. We love him so much. It was a precious weekend for him and Dan to have together - even just doing yard and house work (with lots of beer involved!), they had a great time and our babies always love having him around. As do I.
Dan won 8 Air Force Officer of the Year and is up for the Bomber Wings' (all over the nation) Officer of the Year award. We have a formal dinner both tomorrow night and then Thursday night where we will find out if he wins the next award. Nonetheless, I am married to the 8 AF Officer of the Year - and I am so proud. He is an incredible airman and troop. I am proud of him.
Going to put my babies to bed. But I promise to come back soon. Bear with me - I am hanging on by a thread here so hang in there, readers!


1 comment:
Katie, i'm praying for you sweet friend! i completely understand the whole "hangin' by a thread thing!" just know you are not alone and i'm happy to listen if you need to rant ;) love you!
Post a Comment