Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Daddy's in Japan

17 days now... Daddy's been gone to Misawa, Japan that long. And lemme tell you: talking to anyone in Japan, one would think that it'd be easy as pie. They invented the future; Dan LIVES in the future 14 hours ahead of Central time! But... it's been a nightmare.

Skype ain't working. Dan's new Japanese iPhone 4 only RECEIVES texts and pictures - doesn't send them!!! What?! We can't get a home phone (Vonage - a US number) till we have a WiFi connection - our computer is on a boat somewhere between NW Louisana and the Northernmost point of mainland Japan.... Gah. Needless to say, we are so super frustrated with having to pay so much to talk for 5 mins at a time! Danny is worth it though.

We miss Dan so much. Noah especially. He's 4 and just is really struggling with the changes. Since May, we have moved from Louisiana, visited family in DC, then to the Beach, then to Nashville, then back to Alabama where Dan left for Japan. Our kids - and us - have been through many changes in a month and a half. Noah is our pride and joy. He's our first born, the beloved, single red head of the family. He does, however, have the attitude and strong will to match his hair color. Couple in the fact that his daddy has moved to the other side of the planet and he's uber aware of that and you have one crazy, beligerent, mean, strong willed child. He's hitting. He's biting. He's striking out and disrespecting ME only - no one else. And.... I am struggling.

I have had only a FEW really close friends call and check on me. And while I didn't have expectations, I did think that I would have more emotional support. My kids are not doing well: Ellyotte walks around this strange house (my folks') crying for Daddy and Noah won't even talk to Dan when he does get a chance to call. He's so angry. In fact, I was awakened at 3 AM last night to fists being beaten in my face: Noah was screaming at me, crying for Daddy and beating the hell out of me. Not... OKAY.

I don't want a pity party. But what I DO need are prayers. Prayers for peace for Noah - he is totally prone to hitting me, or biting, or screaming that he hates me because his daddy is so far away. Ellyotte is handling it better. She's a Mama's girl anyway so I am handling her MUCH better. But, Noah needs prayer for peace - as do I. It takes all I can do to wake up and deal with him from day to day lately.

This is my update. Sorry if it is unappetizing for some. I am tired of being politically correct in order to save others from my feelings.

I am doing Cross Fit daily and it is allowing me a HUGE outlet for anger and stress. The best and hardest workouts I have ever had. My coach is relentless and I love it! My kids DO have an amazing sitter. Kelsey is coming several days of the week and takes them swimming and loves on them when I can't or need a break. She rocks.

My computer is about to pass out from lack of power so I will end this now. But will definitely update more soon!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Katie. I will pray for you and your family. I don't think I've ever even met you in person, but I'm just down the road in Auburn if you ever need to get away. It would be awesome to sit down and visit with you.
I know I've shared this verse before but it has been amazing to hold onto during some difficult seasons of my life.
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 2:22-23

I cannot imagine all that you and your family are dealing with right now. I'm glad you found a great sitter for your kids:) Sounds like I need to try Cross Fit.
I always appreciate your honesty.
Amy