Every trip off base is an adventure - there are so many Ramen and sushi restaurants! Our favorite is Kappa Sushi where you order your choice on a computer at your table, the sushi is freshly made and it shoots out on a little train and arrives at your table. We love that!
Since being here, I have acquired a mamasan - she comes once a week (or more if needed) to clean our house, teach our children Japanese, babysit and cook should we need it. It is amazing and I was so excited to find her.
Noah has made his lifelong BFF in Aaron, they live down the street and both of our families have fallen in love with the other. It is so sweet how our children love each other and how us parents love the other's children. Noah's had about 6 spend the night parties and they have become brothers. It is so fun watching your babies meet their first best friend.
Dan's job is super busy - but as a commander, he is doing a fabulous job. The troops and leadership love him and I am really proud.
We have had about 5 snowstorms already and they have rid the trees of the final beautiful colors Japan had to offer. We are all decorated for Christmas and can't wait to spend the holidays with our new Misawa family. This is far different than being at home - which we really miss - but new experiences are fun and exciting too. Plus we get the advantage of starting our own traditions as a little family of four.
Noah is loving his Taiko drum classes. He goes each Tuesday and is really into it which is great. We are still waiting on him to get off of the waiting list and into his preschool. He and Elly go to a sitter several hours a day so I can get some work done but he's desperate to get back into the routine of school; as am I..... I am expecting a call anyday that he's off of the list but every day waiting is still agonizing.
We had the privilege of having Trace Adkins come perform on a USO tour. Not many people make it up this far north so for him to make that effort spoke volumes about his patriotism. My friend, Denise (Aaron's mom), is the Squadron Commander for the unit that helped get him here. He performed in an aircraft hangar and we were on the front row. I'm not a huge fan of his music but having him here was a big morale booster for the troops. Afterwards, Denise took us back and we got to spend some time with him before he left for his quarters. It was great.






















2 comments:
Katie, I love the way you describe how special it is to live in Japan. You do a wonderful job of adjusting to where ever you are, but this sounds like a fantastic place to live. I will enjoy following you in the experiences you will be having. Reminds me so much of when our girls ,moved to Germany, France and Denmark. I loved going to visit them. Don't think I could make it to Japan even if you invited us.Just keep us updated on that wonderful place you will be visiting...and the good work Dan is doing. We love our military. Oh yes, our daughter who lost their home in Colorado Springs fires is rebuilding in rapid speed. Their daughters husband was in Afganistan and their things also burned. So they sent him back home. NOW THEY ARE PREGant. Our life does stay interesting too.
Love, MRs. B.
So glad to hear you are loving it there! This is our first time living on base and I think it has made all the difference. We love it and have made friends that are just like family! They love our kids like their own and vice versa. Holidays will become just as special because you will make your own traditions as a family of 4 and those traditions in Japan will include those amazing friends you have made!
Post a Comment