Ellyotte: she and snow are not friends. She literally goes out in her snow gear and after 2 minutes tells me it is time to go inside!
We've been skiing several times while here - and it is yet early in the ski season so we are pumped. I've skiied for almost 2 decades with my mom and sister; from British Columbia all the way to the east coast (NOT real skiing in my opinion!). Aside from my favorite mountains (Breckenride, CO and Whistler, BC), Mount Okunayama here in Japan is running a tight race in being my first choice!
We took Noah skiing yesterday (well, Noah and Dan snowboard, I ski) and it was Noah's first time to snowboard. OMGosh, I was the proudest mom! We three went together on every run and we ran the mountain all day. THAT KID WAS SHREDDING and TURNING and TRICKING it out! I was floored. We knew he was atheletic but dang - Shaun White watch out :) He's got the snow fever now so we will be spending many of our weekends on the mountain in the near future. There are 755 ski mountains in Japan, by the way. This is a winter sport's lover's dream country.
My mom comes Thursday for 2 weeks! She's a skiier too so we will be going - Mom, Noah and I - while Dan has an exercise and Elly will go to school. Can't wait for her to get here so we can show off our new home.
For anyone who turns their noses up at the thought of visiting Japan or feel sorry for us for being so far from home, I encourage you to come see this land FIRST and then make an opinion! I was one of those snobs and I am eating my foot now as I brag about how awesome this place is. Every day is an adventure and we thank God for where he has us now.





No comments:
Post a Comment