We went back to Alabama this past weekend, except this time it was to celebrate Christmas a bit early with my family. And this time, Dan was able to come with us. It was still sobering to be back home when just a week earlier, Noah and I had to unexpectedly head home to say goodbye to Chris. But it was joyous, nonetheless.
We had a wonderful time with my family. We laughed, opened Noah's gifts, ate (well, everyone else did... I am struggling a bit with this baby!) and relaxed while the rain fell. On Saturday, my dad took me and Dan out to buy a new laptop which was my 30th birthday present from my folks. We met up with my mom and Noah at East Chase in Montgomery and Noah got to have his first visit with Santa!
Thankfully, there was no line whatsoever so we had the place to ourselves for a bit. I tried to sit Noah in Santa's lap and he wouldn't have it. So it took my parents, Dan, the photographer and the elves to get Noah to relax and actually smile! He waited till after about 12 shots were taken to smile.... but we finally got one with him smiling. I certainly didn't want to be in the photo but one of us had to while the other parent tried to get him to crack a smile for the shot. He was typical Noah: as soon as he got down from Santa's lap, he wanted back up and Santa was all he talked about for the rest of the day!
Dan and I finally had a date night... it seems like ages ago since we last went to the movies. But we went to see "The Blind Side" and loved. There is nothing as refreshing as seeing a movie that is uplifting and happy. We had a great time.
This weekend we have Dan's work Christmas party and it should be a lot of fun. Then a week from today, we have the rest of the Beall clan coming to Louisiana for Christmas! We are really looking forward to seeing them and being all together: Brad (Poppy), Carol (Grammy) and Uncle Todd and Aunt Annie will be with us for the week. We can't wait!
I am hanging in there with Baby Beall #2. It is hard to believe I am expecting.... again. But, we are rejoicing in each day of this pregnancy. I have an off-base OB that I will see in the next week or so and am looking forward to hearing the little guy's heartbeat and possibly having an ultrasound.
I felt absoutely fabulous till about a week ago. Then I got an upper respiratory infection that did me in and I am still recovering from that. Unfortunately, I think it has turned into a sinus infection that I hope clears up soon. Pregnancy wise, I am absolutely wiped out most days! I don't remember this exhaustion when I was carrying Noah.
And although I am not constantly nausceous, I do struggle with night time sickness. It hits me about 4 pm and if I don't stay diligent about eating frequently (which I don't want to do because my stomach hurts) then I lose control of the nausea and get pretty sick. So that is a cycle I am soon hoping will pass. I never got sick with Noah (until later in the pregnancy when indigestion became my enemy!) so this is a new thing.
The other thing that is much different about this pregnancy is that I am already starting to show! WOW, you really pop out earlier with Baby #2 than with Baby #1. I guess it is because your body already knows what to do?! It is wild to me. And I think it is another boy... I just KNEW Noah was going to be a boy; no doubt in my mind. That is how I am feeling about this one too. We shall see!


1 comment:
Katie,COngrats on baby #2. Hang in there...the exhaustion and sickness will soon pass. I never remembered being tired with Cole but I could go to sleep on the couch at 5 with Owen. I think it is because we are already taking care of one child. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas as a family.
Post a Comment