We have had a fabulous time with my family here in Louisiana visiting us. We have cooked, eaten, laughed, played, slept - and enjoyed every single minute of it. Noah's been in HEAVEN with Jan-Jan, Keddy and Graddy all here! He's got a new playmate at every turn and has had a blast being the center of attention.
We got a new Persian kitten for my 30th birthday last week. Her name is Gumbo (Dan named her) and Dan bought her for me - he completely surprised me. 2 weeks ago, we went and looked at the litter and I picked out the kitten I wanted. I went and bought everything necessary to bring her home. She was to be my bday present from Dan. However, the next day, the lady called me and told me that she'd been accidentally sold by her husband who didn't know she'd been promised to me... I was sooo sad! I have had the hardest time getting over Maria so this was a blow.
That happened on Monday but Friday morning (my birthday), Dan woke up, showered and put his uniform on like any normal day. About an hour later, he came into the house with the same kitty I had been told had been sold! Whoo hoo! I was so surprised. Good Danny :) And Piper and Noah love this little gal. Dan was the person to have bought her so the lady didn't TOTALLY tell a lie.
This weekend, we are loading up the Hawkins/Beall clan and heading down to Lafayette, Louisiana for the Troy/ULL game. It is the final game of the regular season and we are excited to go cheer on the Trojans. It will be so much fun staying at a hotel with my family - we always have a blast at away Troy games. And we are getting ready for the New Orleans Bowl in December!
Tonight, we are all going out to celebrate my 30th bday as a family. It is a week past my day but my dad's taking us all out to dinner to have the "official" family party! I can't wait.


No comments:
Post a Comment