Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Great Success!

Noah's a mess and loves to talk about his private parts and his urine and the act of urinating. He loves "Elmo's Potty Time" and talks about "tee-tee potty" all day long, but since he's a boy (first of all) and since he's only 20 months old, I haven't had it a priority to start seriously potty training him. Sure, we have the step up potty seat that goes over the big potty but short of letting him sit there and play, we haven't pressed the issue. Why press it and scare him off the idea, I say?!

But just last night, my 20 month old (which seems young to me...) ran to the potty sans diaper and said "tee tee, mommy?" So I pulled out the step up potty and let him sit there.... He tee-teed!!! I couldn't believe it! I tried not to overreact so I didn't startle him but I was excited.

Then today, we all 3 were out doing yardwork and got super dirty. So, I put Noah in the shower with me (he LOVES that). After the shower, he was doing his normal running-around-naked routine and in the middle of jumping on a pile of pillows, ran into the bathroom where I was putting on make up to say "potty mommy." I put him up on the potty and he started GRUNTING! He pooped!!! I am such a proud mommy I can't stand it.

He's such a baby to me in so many ways but he's growing up so fast. The kid can count straight to 15 for crying out loud. And he makes me and Dan question ourselves when we are driving because he sees things we would NEVER notice normally. He sees horses on billboards, busses a mile away, kitty cats on the side of the road... Noah's line of sight amazes me constantly.

I am overwhelmed by the blessing of that little boy. When I was told that my child would be the love of my life, I never, ever, never imagined the immense, incredible love that Noah would inflict in my heart. He's so smart, so beautiful, so sweet. He is even incredibly sensitive: when I pick him up from Mother's Day Out, there is an elderly gentleman in a wheelchair who's absolute joy in life is to sit by the door of the church and watch the kids coming and going. Noah makes a point to run up to him - and anyone, kid or adult, in a wheelchair - and hug them and say "Hi-iiii." He wants to make everyone feel special and his unpredjudicial attitude towards all moves me so much.

I am a proud, proud mom.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

He is an amazing little boy. What a little prodigy! ;)