We are doing well. I had a visit from homehealthcare today and my nurse drew my "numbers." Unfortunately, I was a bit low - meaning my blood wasn't thin enough. I need to be between 2.5-3.5 and I was a 2.0... I knew I was a bit thick when she poked my finger to draw the blood and I clotted immediately. But, that's okay. I will continue to do what I am supposed to do and continue to cover myself in the BLOOD OF JESUS each day and I believe that clot will go away as soon as possible. No matter how thin my blood is.
Ellyotte is doing great. She's such a precious baby. I mean it: she never cries unless she's famished or just exhausted. Her bedtime is between 6:30 and 7 each night, she sleeps till about 1-2 am and then sleeps till morning. It is wonderful. But even when she wakes, I run in to hold her. I just can't get enough of her smell and her sweet baby girl noises.
I stopped nursing her last week. I was the worst quitter ever! I think I "quit" nursing about 4 times before I actually stuck with it... I couldn't let any of the last times be the last time. I just wasn't producing enough and was supplementing about 3 ounces of formula each feeding. With a toddler running around, it became too much. But I did nurse her for 8 weeks and am so thankful that I was able to do that - it was much more than I was able to do for Noah and I am grateful. Drying up was not fun at all... extremely painful. But I was glad I made the decision to go to strictly formula. Nursing exclusively isn't for everyone and I did give it my best shot. We are much happier now that everyone can be included on the feeding of Baby Ellyotte.
Noah continues to amaze us each day. He's wearing 5T clothing! He's huge. People can't believe he's only 2 1/2. He's such a big kid and talks so much. His vocabulary is incredible. I love being with my little guy as much as possible. He helps a lot with his baby sister and showers her with kisses. He's done great - never been rough with her and the only thing we have to watch is that he doesn't hug her too hard! Noah's been a great big brother so far.
Things are going well here. We are looking forward to fall - it's been in the 50s the last few mornings and is so gorgeous. I am slowly hitting the pavement again. I never exert myself too much but am grateful for the ability to get out and push the jogging stroller. I look forward to that each day.
I start work again next week. My Term 2 class with Troy University begins. I took Term 1 off because of Ellyotte's birth and I am excited to get started again next week. New term, new students!
Till next time!


No comments:
Post a Comment