Dan's been out of town with work and Noah had Spring Break from Mother's Day Out last week. I've got a maxxed out class this term and I just can't find the time, energy or desire to get off of my too-busy bum and write OR grade. Grrr.
But, I am finding some time to take some precious pictures in our house. These kids may be a handful but they are delicious; don't you think so, too?!
We've had a major blessing occur this week for us: I had my monthly hemotologist appointment today (my regular follow-up since the pulmonary embolism that nearly ended my life last July) and my weekly blood tests done right before the appointment. The great news is that I AM OFF OF COUMADIN (the daily massive amount of blood thinner I was having to take)!!! We are elated.
I will go back to Dr. V next month and again each month till the one year mark (27 July). But, in the meantime, I don't have to take "rat poison" anymore and I am so thankful.
He has referred us to a high risk OB because of the "uterine window" I have (ruptured/scarred/too thin uterus condition - google it; I had to...) from my c-sections and because of my risk of clotting in pregnancy. We want a final opinion before deciding to have any more children. I have been told many times by my doctors that there should be no more Beall Babies but before we take a drastic step, we want that final say-so.
No date set for that appointment yet but as soon as we know more, I will of course let you, my friends, know. We are just thankful that I am still around to even have the discussion of whether to pursue more children! And if Noah and Ellyotte are the only two blessings we are to have, then so be it: we are satisfied beyond measure.
More on the home front: Noah and Ellyotte cannot get enough of each other and while I've been overwhelmed with trying to entertain both of them while keeping E on a sleep schedule and myself sane, I've managed to remember how precious and fleeting our lives on this earth really are. So, I take that extra minute to nuzzle Noah's neck or to tickle my baby girl to hear her laugh or to kiss my husband one last time.
Life never gets too busy for love. Dare we forget that.
Transfixed on "talking pictures." (movies!)
"Hey, you, dog. I am talking to you."
"Yeah, so? That's popsicle on my face."
Pool time in Louisiana!
Watching cartoons together
"I love you, Ellyotte."
Mmmmm, feet. With painted toes.
Don't judge: she was watching a movie and eating a cookie so I could get ready for a date!



2 comments:
That is great news about being able to stop the blood thinning medicines! That is definitely a blessing... and a blessing for your children - that God kept their Mother healthy and healed her to take care of them! Precious pictures of your little ones. Ellyotte is definitely little Katie in those pictures! And I love the one of her talking to the dog - too cute!
Great post with Great news! Love all the pictures. Those 2 are just adorable! Love you and miss you! Thanks for the prayers.
Post a Comment