Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thank You.

This is the letter I sent to my family and a few friends yesterday: the one year anniversary since my pulmonary embolism. The 'thank you' extends much further than those I emailed. I want to thank you all for your prayers and support that literally spared my life. Thank you all so much.

_______________________________________

Family,
One year and six days ago our family welcomed precious Ellyotte. To me, life couldn't get much better than it was holding her in my arms and being surrounded by all of you in the hospital room. But it could get much worse....

One year ago today, 27 July 2010, was the most frightening day of my life, thus far. And having to watch my mom go through it all again (since her brother died from the same thing I had: a pulmonary embolism) was agonizing.

This has been a long, but blessed year. The prayers that Mrs Lucy McKee (who has since gone to become a member of that glorious host of angels advocating and praying on our behalf from above) sent up on my behalf days before the clot even happened, and because she was listening to the Spirit, saved me.

And because my mom also listened to the urging of the Holy Spirit and walked into Noahs room and caught me trying to breathe and forced me to the ER, we were able to catch the PE in time.

The support and prayers lifted up on my behalf after it happened sustained me. I am so thankful to no longer be on blood thinners and able to exercise and travel and enjoy life to the fullest. And it is because of you - blood family and friends - that I am here.

I was at my lowest point ever in that hospital bed in the heart unit - having just spent 3 days in the labor and delivery unit celebrating our new life. Dan had to take new Ellyotte home and be with my mom and noah while I got injections and blood work done all night and several days following. One of my best friends, Amy Hall in Nashville, let me wail and sob and fall apart on the phone while she just listened and prayed for me. She will never know what her quiet strength did for my breaking spirit at that dark hour in my life. And having my dad and sister get right back into the car after having just returned to Alabama following Ellyottes birth, meant the world to me. Then my mother in law and sister in law, Annie, selflessly sacrificing their time and love to come take care of me and the babies while I healed was exactly what I needed.

Most of all, my husband and my mom's support - emotionally, spiritually and physically - through those days following the clot was what initially brought me through and allowed me to get on the road to recovery.
Thank you all for your love and support; you have no idea how much it means to me and Dan. He was facing being a widower and father of two babies - God clearly had a different plan than Satan and I praise him for that. He is worthy and greatly to be praised.

Love,

Katie

1 comment:

Kelley Brown said...

It brings me goosebumps to think of what could have happened. I am so grateful for the little miracles and blessings God poured out on you and your family to lead you to recovery. Praising God for all He has done!!

Love,
Kelley