To say that moving is exhausting is an understatement. We are BONE WEARY!! We counted this morning and in the past 4 days, Dan and I have had about a total of 9 hours of sleep. The movers started on Monday and by last night, they had the majority of our home packed and ready to be loaded into the trucks.
Yesterday, we sent Noah to my girlfriend, Lori's home. Her nanny is named Maggie and she's been SUCH a blessing to me in the last 16 months of Noah's life. Noah loves Maggie so much and at the last minute, she allowed me to send Noah over so she could watch him while she also watched Tori (almost 3) and Tessa (1). That is a full load! But Maggie was more than willing to do it for us so we could keep him out of the way of the movers. HOWEVER..... Noah didn't nap one time yesterday. Not once. Not even for 5 minutes. He's really being affected by the changes in his life and he certainly doesn't understand what's happening.
When Noah doesn't nap, he doesn't sleep at night. Bottom line! So, although Dan and I had had 2 hours of sleep the night before last, we somewhat expected that last night would be tough since we were in yet another new place. We didn't think it would be as bad as it was though.... Noah projetile vomited for the first time in his life at about 8. It ruined the clean sheets and Dan and I were covered in it. He'd never done that before and he seemed to feel a ton better right afterwards. I finally was able to calm him down enough to get him to drift off. He was in and out of sleep till about 11 (only about 2 hours) and then he woke up and we. were. up. till. 4:30 AM!!!!
I had to rock him, lay him down, put him in bed with us, I did everything. Finally at 3:30, I had to leave the room with him so Dan could get some sleep since he had to be up at 6:00 am to get ready to head back to the house to help the movers. We both drifted off at 4:30 (Noah and I) and now, he's finally back to sleep after SCREAMING like his dog had died for 20 minutes. I had to just put him in the pack n play and make him scream because he's so exhausted after only about 4 total hours of sleep in over 24 hours.
We check into our luxury hotel (YAYAY!) this afternoon and cannot go another night with him being overtired. We will be there for the next 10 days and are thrilled for the break. So screaming it out was so necessary. Thankfully, the Smiths let me stay here this morning and we will then take Noah back to play with Tori and Tessa around lunch time. I am also going to lie down... my body aches and I have never seen my eyes be so bloodshot and purple underneath!
Piper made it to Pennsylvania well and is enjoying her stay with her Aunt Annie and Uncle Todd! She's apparantly getting along well with her cousin, Casey (a Jack Russell) and has had to endure quite a bit of humping from Casey! But Annie said that he got a dose of his own medicine last night when she decided to hump him back!! Mind you: they've both been fixed! Thanks Annie and Todd for all you are doing to help us out. We love you guys.
Maria was supposed to fly out on Monday. However, because she's a Persian, she was denied her flight because of the temps (I wrote about that previously). So she's flying out tomorrow night into Atlanta and my sweet mother is going to go get her. It will be good to have both the "girls" settled in their new temporary homes.
I am off to rest for a minute while Noah sleeps. Please pray for us though. We are having a great packing experience and have had a lot of help from our friends and "Hawaii family" with Noah and places to eat/sleep. But we have to have rest; especially Noah. We want to be healthy and happy and rested for our week + stay at the resort in Waikiki as well as for our trips to D.C., Florida and Alabama then ultimately, to Louisiana.
"Talk" to you all again soon!

