Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

2 (but really 3...) Month Appointment


Sweet Ellyotte Pierce will be 3 months on Thursday. It is hard to believe, but... not really. These three months have seemed to have an eternity packed into them.

She's a precious girl. Today at her appointment, she weighed 12 lbs, 14 ounces (exactly 5 lbs more than her birth weight) putting her in the 50th percentile for weight. She was 23 1/4 inches long putting her also in the 50th percentile for length. And her sweet little head is just that: little! It was in the 25th percentile for circumference!

Ellyotte sleeps a LOT. She goes to bed at 6:30 pm, wakes about midnight to eat, again at 4:00 am, then she will sleep till I usually wake her about 8:00 am. She will get up, eat breakfast (4 ounces each bottle) and then goes back down for a nap about 8:45 or 9:00 am. She will take an hour and a half nap, get up, eat lunch, play then goes back to napping at about 12:00 pm. She will sleep about 2-3 hours, then the same routine: eat, play then one more nap mid-late afternoon. What a wonderful schedule!

But, it is tough to keep her well rested on days that Noah has school. I hate waking her to take him/pick him up but it has to be done. She sleeps on her tummy and loves her paci. Noah wasn't ever a paci baby so this is new to me - she spits it out, I have to run in and put it back in her mouth. But, it is nice having something that helps to soothe her. And I am glad I discovered that she liked sleeping on her tummy - what a difference that has made in her sleeping habits.

She's such a sweet baby. She nuzzles my neck and I just can't get enough of her. Everyday with this baby girl is a blessing.


1 comment:

Karen said...

Katie...that last pic of her is the most beautiful one I have seen! It isn't that gorgeous dress either. I love how alert her little face is! I am so glad she is doing so well and looks like you are healing well too! Praise God!!

Can't wait for the little cousins to meet each other some day!:)