Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's a New Year



Praise God for new years and new beginnings. 2010 was a whirlwind, crazy, beautiful year but I am so glad it is over.

Some 2010 highlights (some wonderful, some heartbreaking):
- We had Ellyotte. What a perfect baby girl. I am so in love with her.
- I had a pulmonary embolism. 6 days post c-section, my life flashed before my eyes and I was back in the heart unit of the same hospital I had just given birth in. With continued care from my internist 6 months later, I am ready to be OFF of blood thinners and told that this was a one time deal. We shall see in the next few months.
- We lost a lot of our precious loved ones:
-- My sweet friend, Tim Ward, passed away from an accidental shooting October 16, 2010.
-- My redheaded, incredible Aunt Mamie Mason succumbed to bone and brain cancer on November 24, 2010.
-- My mom's dear, life long friend, Lucy McKee, succumbed to brain cancer 2 weeks following my aunt's death and after only weeks of fighting the disease. Her death was so sudden and heart breaking for those of us who knew and loved her. My mom's heart is understandably broken.
-- Not a person, but an integral member of the Hawkins family: Mitzi, our Persian cat, had to be put down 2 days before Christmas. She was 17.

The year had a lot of heartache included in it, but the greatest blessing was bringing precious Ellyotte Pierce Beall into the world. I'd live through the sadness and challenge of this past year a million times over if I had to - she is worth all of it.

God is good and greatly to be praised. We are together, we are healthy, we are beautifully blessed and I am so thankful. It will be awesome seeing what He has in store for us in 2011!