Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

She Has a Name

For those of you who know us, you know that it is Beall family tradition to choose a Biblical and a family name when naming your children. We followed that tradition when naming Noah and he was named for Noah in the Bible and for his great-grandfather (my grandfather) Everard Flude Grindley. We wanted him to have a name that was strong and we wanted him to be named after someone he would always have to strive to immulate.

This time around it was no different. I have known for years what I wanted to name our daughter but once we found out she was indeed a girl, we both wanted to make sure that that name was definitely meant to be her's. So we hit the books again and did some research on other family names yet still returned to the "Katie and Dan Favorite."

Our first daughter's name will be:

Ellyotte Pierce Beall


Ellyotte is a derivative of Elijah and her name means "the Lord is my God." Pierce is Dan's middle name and he was named after his beloved great-grandfather Travail Chester Pierce. Pierce was also Dan's paternal grandmother's last name and we wanted to honor her in naming our daughter.

I don't think that we will call her Elly. I am sure that many people will lovingly refer to her as Elly, but it will be my preference to call her Ellyotte.

We are so excited to meet her - to know if she will have red hair and long eyelashes like her big brother or if she will be tall like her daddy.... We are overjoyed to have chosen her name and honored that we have that privilege. Naming another human is a huge responsibility so we wanted to make sure that she has a name she can be proud of throughout her life.

We hope you like it!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful name! I have never heard that derivative of Elijah before, and I love it.

mjs said...

SO exciting, Katie! I love Ellyott's name! She will be a beauty for sure :) The pictures of Noah at the beach are too sweet. I'm so happy for you! Love, mjs