Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update

I have been meaning to update the blog but with Dan working 14+ hours straight since last weekend - with no break at all - I have had little time to myself. And I start my last term this weekend before Ellyotte's arrival so I have been busy getting my students set up for the class this Term 5.

And whew! Have the 2s hit our home this week! Maybe I am just noticing them more because of Dan's absence or maybe it is because I hit 8 months pregnant this week and I am physically wiped out... who knows but Noah has been giving me a run for the money.

Unfortunately, Dan's working until tomorrow night - straight through the weekend. Boo. He's had to go in at 0530 each am since last Sunday!! And Noah and I wake early on Tuesday morning to catch a flight to Panama City Beach, Florida for a last minute doctor approved trip home. So we are missing each other entirely. So sad about that.

My Aunt Mamie (from Nashville) has been bravely fighting cancer for some time now and is going to be between treatments and is traveling to Florida for our annual Beach Week family trip. It has been a while since I have seen her and the family and I don't know when I will again have the opportunity with #2 making her appearance soon. So, Noah and I got the approval from my doctor and from my husband to travel from Shreveport to Panama City Beach. It will be a taxing and short trip (Tues - Sunday) but entirely worth it.

Noah is all but 100% potty trained! Talk about easy... I don't want to sound like I am bragging, but this big boy has trained himself. I can't tell you the last #2 he went in a diaper. And he's now taking off his pull up or diaper to go tee-tee in the potty. It is wonderful. And he's not even using a kiddy potty - he's going on the straight up toilet with NO training seat. Whew, this was easy! But I will hold my breath for how it might go when we start training Ellyotte - when something is easy for one kid, it isn't always the next time around.

Today at church, we were informed of a Lake Charles, Louisiana family - Amy and Mike LaBlue. They lost their home... and four of their five children in a fire. I cried the entire service after hearing that. All weekend, I have been complaining about being tired, being alone, being something negative and then we learn of a family who has lost their hearts - that is what happens when you lose a child. I don't know how your heart continues to beat inside your body.

Since the service, I have been committing myself to praying for that family and counting my blessings. Here is the link to an article about the family and their loss:
http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2010/may/13/4-children-die-la-house-fire/

On a lighter note, my sweet neighborhood girlfriends threw me and my friend, Joni (who is delivering her third baby - a girl - on 21 June, exactly one month before me) a surprise baby shower! I knew we were having a neighborhood barbeque but had NO idea that it was a baby shower as well. Noah had almost done me in for the day, so when Dan came home a few hours early (total surprise, but he wanted to be at shower!) I started crying and handed the reins over to him. He kept encouraging me to come outside and be with our friends but I insisted on hanging out in the a/c and doing some housework. He made me PROMISE I would come out at some point, so when I did, I was totally surprised! We got some really wonderful gifts for Ellyotte - mostly diapers, which is an awesome gift for any new parent. I was very touched.


I might be away for a few days as we are at the beach with limited computer access. But I will update you at my earliest opportunity!


1 comment:

Kelley Brown said...

Okay, wow for that family. I can't imagine losing 4 of 5 children...I can't even imagine losing one. Will commit to pray for them.. Have so much fun at the beach! And when you get back, send me all your tips and suggestions for potty-training! :)