Dan and I took a much needed and deserved vacation the first week of March. We set off for Paris and then Rome! I had been to Paris 3 times already but Dan had never gone and neither of us had been to Rome. What a time we had... I will let the pictures show for themselves the amount of fun we had and the beautiful sites we saw. It was perfect. And not one day did we have even one cloud in the sky! Literally, it was blue skies all week. What a blessing.
This trip was in honor of our 5 year wedding anniversary (this past October) and in honor of the blood clot (pulmonary embolism I had back in July, post Ellyotte's birth) being removed from my lung. It was a celebration on many fronts.
My mom graciously watched the kids for us (not easy... both were very sick back here in Louisiana the whole time) and we were very thankful.
The food was incredible... AMAZING. Not kidding - Dan and I ate some of the best food we have ever eaten. We followed Rick Steves' suggestions and ate "off the beaten path." In Paris, we had the most amazing breads, cheeses and wines. We ate on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower (reservations we made months ago) at a 4 star restaurant. I've never dreamed there was more divine creme brulee in my LIFE than what we had in Paris!
Then in Rome, the pizza and pastas we had literally melted in our mouths. Oh and the red wine.... amazing. Just order the house wine by the liter and you are set.
Here are our favorite 100+ photos of the 500+ we took! Enjoy :)


1 comment:
Creme Brule cannot be beat! I could swim in that stuff!!! :) I'm so glad you guys did this...We all need ROMANCE! I am so craving a trip to Europe- just D & Me- pasta + wine galore- I feel inspired to go ASAP! Happy 5 Years little Bealle family! -Ash
Post a Comment