Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's a B-O-Y






Really?! I cannot believe how many people have told Noah that he's a "pretty little girl" today. HOW can anyone see a baby wearing blue and mistake him for a girl? Especially at 13 months.... he's a tank and always drooling with nappy, messy hair. Dan and I think he's the most beautiful boy ever but we always say that he'd make "one ugly chick."

Today we were in Wal Mart and Noah was stuffing his face with a cracker and just oozed masculinity when this older man got right in his face and said "aren't you the prettiest little girl ever!" And when we were on our never-ending flight home last week, I can't tell you how many times I heard how beautiful my daughter's hair was. He's had 4 haircuts already, for crying out loud! It's not like he's got braids or bows in his hair.

It is like when one comes across a lady that he/she suspects could be pregnant: you just don't say anything. Even on her due date will I not mention a word about her pregnancy till she comments on it first! I am petrified that I am going to be wrong and she has a massive cyst in her belly or something. The same goes with giving complements to another's child: if in doubt, just say "what a precious baby" or something along those lines.

Come on, people! I am starting to take offense here ;)








5 comments:

Lisa Ferguson said...

I know your pain, Katie. One time Ava was just a few months old, and we were in Home Depot. She was in her carrier wrapped in a pink blanket, and an older lady says...oh, how cute - what is it? It? And did ya manage to miss the PINK blanket? :) Funny.

HP said...

He is the most precious little BOY I have ever seen. He's adorable and I love his hair!

Anonymous said...

Uhmmm all boy hello! No questions asked. Totally boy!

juanita said...

Katie, try putting a cowboy hat on Noah and see what response you get.
People can be "so dumb" in comments--especially old folks. Just smile and say "forgive 'em Lord" and know they can't help it!!

The Lynch Family said...

I can have my girl in all pink and my boy in all blue and people still tell me that I have TWO really cute little boys! So finally, I bought her a onsie that says "No, I am NOT a BOY"! It's really beyond me that people don't take the time to look at babies before they open their big mouths!