Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I caught you!

I remember a couple of years ago, one of my best girlfriends, Michelle, brought her 15 month old, Harrison, to play at my parent's house in Troy while we visited. He had just entered the "I need my privacy" stage and went behind a flower pot to poop. He came out a couple of times and when he realized he wasn't done, he crept back into his hiding place and finished his business. I thought it was hilarious but never realized that it typical behavior of 1 year olds...

... Till now! My Noah has gotten extremely private just this week. On Monday, he crept behind one of the recliners so that I couldn't see him and when I looked over to see what he was doing, all I could see were these two big, grey eyes staring at me as he pushed out a big one. Then he did the same thing the next day: he backed up under the piano and behind his favorite porcelain bulldog and peeked at me as he did his business. He's been doing it consistently for the entire week and it has made me laugh each time.

Anyone else go through this with their toddler? I certainly can say that my "Private Pooper" is so cute!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hilarious!! And though I am sorry to say it...we are STILL going through this with our 3 year old! NOT interested in pooping on the toilet, and when you are 3, that is SO embarrassing, so hiding is a must! Funny, funny!!

Lisa Ferguson said...

Ava never went thru a private pooping stage...until about two months ago. The upside is that now that she wants privacy in the potty, I get privacy in the potty. Ahhh, the simple things in life that you miss when you have kids! ;)