Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

"...Wild Blue Yonder..."

The Air Force song begins with:

"Off we go, into the wild blue yonder..."

Yet, here we are 2 months out from when we should be packing up our entire house, shipping cars to our new home, and enjoying our last days/weeks on the Island of Oahu. AND WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE WE ARE MOVING. So our "wild blue yonder" is literally somewhere off yonder (to be as southern as I could possibly be!).

Doesn't the Air Force KNOW that there are only so many moving companies on our island, and don't they KNOW that the entire Army moves their guys at the same time? That means that even when we do find out where we are moving to, we won't be able to get a moving company to get us off island anytime soon. All the movers are booked solid.

I am seriously used to this way of life for it is the way of life that both my husband and I chose independently of each other when we commissioned into the active duty Air Force back in 2002. And I will be totally excited for whatever assignment we receive. But it is high time that we have some indication of our new assignment so we can start tying up loose ends in Hawaii and looking for housing online and getting our animals ready to be moved (yet again).

Stay tuned.... every day I wake up thinking, "Today could be the day that we learn where we are going."

1 comment:

juanita said...

Good Morning Katie,
I ran by your Mom's yesterday thinking I might see you and Noah and there was that HUGH van!!! They told me you were in Nashville. WOW what a hugh move for your folks, but I am glad they are finally to this point.
Each day I have pulled up your blog to hear about your new assignment. I remember going throuh those days with my girls. How happy we were when Joy and family got their assignment from Bitberg, Germany (where Deena was born)to Tyndale, Panama City. FL.!!!! So even with all this anxious waiting just know the day will come soon and then life will take a mad pace.
I know you will be so very glad to get into one sleeping place. That is so hard, but you amaze me in dealing with it and expressing it all so clearly. Blessings for this day, Mrs. B.