I reached my limit of patience with this tiny room we are staying in on base. We close on our house next Friday, 7 August so until then, Noah and I are making the many hour drive back to Alabama to my parent's home tomorrow until next Thursday. My mom and our cat, Maria, will come back to Louisiana next Thursday in time to close. My mom will stay in a hotel with Noah while Dan and I paint and have our stuff delivered to our new home. We can't wait to have the help from Janny! And it will be great to get home tomorrow to have some space to spread out and relax. Poor Dan has to work here in Louisiana so he can't go, but I think he will definitely enjoy sleeping a whole night through....which... I feel like a pathetic mom. Noah's been waking up more and more throughout the night in screaming fits. He has also protested naps so much that many days he won't take even one (he is still a two a day napper). Thus, he has become painfully exhausted and just out of sorts. Yesterday, I called one of my best girlfriends, Amy Hall, in an absolute breakdown. Noah hadn't slept the night before: he had awakened 3 times and screamed for an hour each time. Then he wouldn't nap all day yesterday. She called her pediatrician for me since we don't have one here yet and called me back. Long story short, I got him to the dr ASAP, only to learn he has had his first ear infection for weeks now and I didn't know. I have been so angry with him, because I thought he was just doing "toddler things" and being bratty. So I have been beating myself up over the fact that he's been sick and hasn't been able to tell us. LOVING Louisiana! The food, people, thunderstorms, there's sooo much to do - we are very happy. As soon as I get myself and Noah back to Bama, I will write more and upload more pictures.


1 comment:
where in LA are you? we are in Baton Rouge and we love it too.
Post a Comment