Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We are here

Hi All,
This is an uber-quick update to let you know that we made it to Louisiana safely and soundly on Monday night. We are so thankful to be here. It is HOTT but it is a gorgeous city and historic base that is absolutely beautiful. We rented our car in Montgomery (a big SUV to fit our stuff into) and hit the road anticipating a 6.5 hour drive.... were we mistaken. 8.5 hours later, we made it to Shreveport.

We were thankful though instead of complaining: we passed 2 fatal accidents on I-20. One was a church van from Shreveport heading eastbound to a church camp. The accident killed a 14 year old boy from here and left the preacher's daughter with brain stem damage and in a coma. The other one was a brand new 4 Runner (which we are test driving this week...) that had flipped out of control and killed the passengers. SO, we are thankful that our drive just took a bit longer and that we are okay.

We start officially house hunting today with our realtor, Chris. We are very excited but a bit anxious. Many of the homes that we have been waiting to see have already sold so we are bummed about that. But there are so many new and beautiful homes here that we can't wait to view starting today. I promise to keep you all posted!

We test drove some 4 Runners yesterday but didn't like the high prices that weren't coming down much at the dealership. So we are going to go to Dallas to pick up our Camry which should arrive any day now and continue test driving 4 Runners and Pathfinders there. I am so excited to get my new SUV! Noah and I need the room :)

I have so many photos to upload and share and I promise to do that soon. We are staying on this gorgeous pre-WWII base and although it is old, it is so breathtaking. Our lodging that we will stay in for about a month as we househunt and buy and then close leaves a lot to be desired but it'll have to work. We are NOT moving our suitcases any more. By yesterday's count, we realized that we have slept in about 10 beds/places since we left our house in Hawaii. Poor NOAH! He's a trooper but is a bit clingy because of all of the changes. If nothing else, it has taught him that he can actually sleep in a place other than his own crib! He's done great and we are very proud of him.

I have to run back to our apartment to relieve Dan of Noah duties. He just checked into his unit yesterday and has to go back in today to take care of some things before we start househunting this afternoon. I can't say much about his new job but I will say that it is going to be an awesome assignment for him. I can't wait to hear the stories each day when he comes home! The B-52 bomber flies out of here and has a nuclear mission. Dan is an intelligence officer and will be the only one for his new unit. It will be such a great leadership and learning experience for him. Plus, it gives him a ton of high visibility as he briefs officials each day, all day!

Thank you all for the sweet 'check in' emails - I hope you understand that this will have to suffice as my response to you all right now. There's a line forming behind me to use the computer so I have to head out. But thank you for your thoughts and prayers!