Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Perspective

On this, the 8th anniversary of the attacks on 9/11/2001, we can count on two full hands the amount of U.S. troops we have lost in Afghanistan JUST THIS WEEK. All over that wretched country we have continued to lose fathers, husbands, wives, mommies, daughters. Those numbers are rising by the day. Thanks, Osama bin Laden....

Watching those towers fall yesterday on the news was like watching them the first time they fell all those years ago. The pain - for ALL of us - is still so fresh and so raw. I think we might all be 90+ years old and watch it with the same horror we felt in 2001. Maybe much like our parents and grandparents feel when they see footage of the attacks on beautiful Pearl Harbor??

My perspective is a bit skewed because I am about to say goodbye to the love of my life and my only child's father. He will serve in that awful land of Afghanistan for a long, long time. So, maybe my perspective is a bit messed up for the time being, but those 9 troops that we lost this week? Well, those losses seem to hit a bit "close to home," if you know what I mean. The numbers of troops lost and mamed in Afghanistan continue to rise.... So, am I being selfish when I say that I don't want my husband to go there???

My skin crawls each day that I read the headlines and the words
" ___ More U.S. Troops Lost in Afghanistan"....


No comments: