Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just Us

This past weekend, Dan took a few days off and we went "home" to Alabama for 4 much needed days of rest and football fun. We got to be there while my Aunt Mamie/Uncle Bob and Aunt Dodie/Uncle Dick were there visiting from Nashville. It was a really special time to be together. Of course, Kelly came over and stayed and brought her massive horse of a dog, Ruby, to visit as well. It was an all out party for the long weekend! And it is like visiting a resort when you step foot into my parent's new home - there is no other place like it on this planet.

We chose the beautiful setting of my parent's new neighborhood to do our annual family photo shoot. We started getting professional photos done when I was pregnant - it is DEFINITELY worth the money and time to get someone who knows what they are doing to take your family's portrait.

This year was especially important because of Dan leaving. I wanted to send him off with several beautiful family shots and shots of him and "his boy" tucked into his suitcase. These photos will always be so precious to me because they will keep my heart warm on many lonely occasions throughout these next 16 months while my husband is away. I hope you guys like them;I certainly do.

1 comment:

Kelley Brown said...

Hey Katie! These pics are great! Okay, so I am so far behind in reading everyone's blogs, and I am embarrassed that I just now read about Dan being deployed! I can't imagine how hard that will be, so I will certainly be praying for ya'll. I'll try to call you in the next week so we can chat more.