We had SUCH a fun day yesterday. Noah had about 15 of his friends and their parents over for a Dinosaur Party. We had cake, ice cream, gifts, and an all around good time!
It is WILD to think that this time last year we were celebrating 1 in Hawaii away from our family. We had fabulous friends who were there to party with us, but it isn't the same without at least one set of grandparents around!
Noah is definitely enjoying the perks of being the first grandchild - thus, the favorite so far! He received some wonderful gifts and tons of attention. His favorite gifts of the day was his trumpet (from my sister, Kelly), the Sound of the South band helmet (sent by the Troy University band director, Ralph Ford), new cowboy boots from Jan-Jan and Graddy, and of course, his new swingset from Graddy and Jan-Jan. He had so many things to play with - in addition to the incredible gifts from his friends - that Dan and I are going to wait till his actual birthday (12 February) to give him the basketball goal he is getting from us. He's a bit spoiled right now!
Dan has been gone since the first of January and will not be home "for good" till the first of April. But, since he's in training in Texas right now, he was able to drive 7 hours EACH WAY to be home for just 36 hours. It was a short weekend and incredibly bitter sweet - Noah and I miss him more than words can express - but I was so thankful to have him here to celebrate our boy's birthday. He is such an amazing father and Noah loves that man. It breaks my heart to have him gone - Noah ran from room to room the majority of today looking for his daddy.... Oh well, thus the life we have chosen in the military.
I am really excited about my annual girls' ski trip coming up this next week. However, I have NEVER, not once, spent the night away from Noah. Dan's mom is flying down from snow covered D.C. to stay with Noah while I am in Breckenridge (not skiing... thanks 'doctor's orders'... I am "too pregnant") and I couldn't be more grateful. She's taking a whole week of personal leave from work to do this for us so I can get away and I am so ready for the rest and laughter awaiting me, my mom and Kelly in Colorado. I have so missed being able to do the annual ski trips we do these past couple of years since Noah arrived and since we lived in Hawaii.
Above are the pictures of Noah's party from yesterday. I have a lot on my mind and heart this week as my boy turns 2 and hope that I can find some time to sit down and "write it out" on this blog. I have my quad screen for Baby Beall #2 this Thursday and will then schedule our ultrasound to find out the sex. I will be about 21-22 weeks when we finally find out but that is because I want to wait till Dan can be home (between TDYs) for the appointment. So I am thinking it will be about 1 March. That's okay though: it will give the baby some extra time to be good and ready to be immodest!
And as far as this 2nd pregnancy goes, I am doing well. Out of the exhausted phase that followed me into the second trimester and am still thankful I was never sick with this one either. I am carrying much higher than I did with Noah; I was well into maternity clothes by this point last time. But so far - and probably because I am chasing a wild toddler - I haven't gained any weight (I weighed myself for the first time in 4 months this week!). I still vow to not be told my weight at the doctor's office but I wanted an inward gauge for myself - but definitely not so I could fret over the numbers. I refuse to do that!
Like I said, this is an emotional week for me with Noah turning two. One was not bad for me at all but this one is really a struggle. So, hopefully I will be back to the computer desk soon. See ya then!


2 comments:
What a cute Trumpet boy! Glad Dan could make it back, sorry he had to leave again!! But so good you are feeling better!! THanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :) You're too sweet!
loving the little trumpter! Go SOTS!!
Happy Birthday Noah!
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having issues with my baby turning two. MK isn't far behind, she'll be there in April. When did all this growning happen?!?
Post a Comment