I never, EVER knew that I liked pink till I found out we were having a girl. And while her room doesn't look like it is bathed in Pepto by any stretch, we are in love with the pink and femininity that oozes from her room.
As I said before, the quilt above her bed was made for me when I was born by my mom's side of the family. It is so precious to me to be able to look at that quilt daily now and study each square cross-stitched with love 3 decades ago.
The AWESOME glider/ottoman that my parents bought for us when we had Noah will go in Ellyotte's room. We decided to not recover it (it is currently covered in blue/white gingham) because the same fabric is in the quilt above her crib. So, it actually works and I am thankful. Right now it is still in Noah's big boy room - he may be a big boy in so many ways, but I haven't been able to let go of the habit we have of rocking together at the end of the day! Once we are closer to her arrival, I will move the glider into its rightful place next to the window in Ellyotte's room.


No comments:
Post a Comment