I grew up going to Belmont Church in downtown Nashville. At one point, it was the "it" church to go to - the Holy Spirit overflowed from the doors. Through the years, it has had its trials and troubles - as many churches do - and the attendance numbers have dwindled. My family in Nashville no longer attends there but my memories of Sundays worshipping at Belmont are among my most precious.
The singer Kim Hill used to attend there when we did (maybe she still does) and I remember sitting behind her and just being taken to the Throne as I listened to her sing during worship time. I have one of my most favorite songs of hers - and of all time - on the playlist playing now. It is called "You are Still Holy" and each time I hear it, I am so moved.
The words of the chorus are:
And so I come into Your chamber
And I dance at Your feet, Lord
You are my Saviour
And I'm at Your mercy
All that has been in my life
Up 'til now
It belongs to You
You are still holy
Holy, You are still holy
Even though I don't understand Your ways
Sovereign, You will be sovereign
Even when my circumstances don't change
Everyday, it is a challenge to find time to "dance" at my Savior's feet. But how IMPORTANT it is to remember that we are called to do just that. He longs for the time in our day when we will fall at His feet and just be. There are days when I don't even bother finding time to do that - I become so self-consumed. And I know it breaks His heart.
I want to remember every minute of the day that the God I worship now is the same that He was yesterday, and He will remain the same today and forever more. He was the God that Job and Abraham and Moses, etc. worshipped and adored and since the beginning of the Earth, He has remained as sovereign as He was in the beginning. And He loves me just as He did Job, Abraham, Moses, Noah, you name the person and He loves ME just the same. And I have the distinct privilege of being able to "dance at His feet" every minute of every day. We all do. Praise Him.


No comments:
Post a Comment