


I went into my 6 month appointment today and was surprised when they called me right back for an ultrasound! Dan wasn't even with me, so that was disappointing. But what wasn't disappointing was getting to see Ellyotte again. We were wanting to make sure that her feet were "okay" since it was at 19 weeks with Noah that we learned of his possible club feet diagnosis, so my doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound before I saw the doc. Ellyotte's feet are LONG, straight, and perfectly arched. Hallelujah.
She is head down directly on my bladder already! And she's a very active baby. While I was getting the ultrasound, she was stretching and yawning so much. It was very moving to see. And her profile... it is identical to her brother's. His little profile now looks just like it did in the many ultrasound pictures we had done. We cannot wait to touch her beautiful face.
My appointment went well. I am having some terrible back pain this go round - so much so that it is keeping me up at night. So the doctor prescribed some muscle relaxants - however, I doubt I will be taking them very often since I have an active 2 year old to chase all day! I would pass out, I think, if I were to take one during the daytime.
Ellyotte's heartrate still remains much lower than Noah's was - it was in the low 140s today. She's a nightowl - I am not kidding: I lay down at night to sleep and she wakes up and kicks me HARD for hours on end. I hope that changes before she's born!
My doctor is very anti-VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) so I will be scheduled at my next appointment in 3 weeks for my c-section. It will be at week 39 and will either be the morning of the 21st or the 22nd of July. I will let you know when we are on the books!
Praise God for a healthy baby girl.



2 comments:
Glad your pregnancy is going well, despite the back pain! :( Why is your doctor so anti-VBAC?
The whole area I live in has a ban on v-bac so I've had two as well. You and your baby will be fine. Just get up and walk as soon as you can after surgery. It may not make a difference, but in my mind it does! LOL!! :) Good luck with your little night owl!! :)
Post a Comment