I think I started to have a bit of a pity-party for myself late last night. My boys were asleep and I was restless. So while I stayed up working on my syllabus (due Monday!), I checked some emails and started to get down. I figured, "If others are heartbroken for us, then maybe I should feel more heartbroken too..." Uh-uh, Sista Friend! God has put this in our path for a dang good reason and I am not about to let Satan come in and take advantage of me in my weakness.
Speaking of Satan... he's been trying to have a hay-day with this family. Everything in this moving process has been challenging - EVERYTHING. From having many items broken in the move to the fact that it took over a month to finally close on our new house, something has gone wrong. Praise God that our families are safe and thriving, but logistically, Satan wanted to make us as uncomfortable as possible. I have decided to take command of my attitude and I refuse to allow him to keep that foothold he's been working so hard to keep.
"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence..." -- Psalm 16:11 NIV
Dan continues to share more information he's learning about the job that he's going to do. It is considered Provincial Reconstruction. You guys can figure out what that means. There has been a LOT of damage done in war-torn Afghanistan and the Americans remain there to establish relations and set up a working Democracy. We don't know which region Dan's going to go to yet but he will be a BLESSING wherever his boots land in the sand of that country.
I am taking control of my words, my thoughts, my prayers and I ask you all to please support me in that. Our attitudes are so often determined by another's attitude so if you see me faltering or feeling sad or having a pity party, lift me up. No more broken hearts! This is the hand we have been dealt and I choose to rejoice for what lies ahead.
My service in the Air Force prepared me to be a supportive and understanding military spouse so I knew this was always possible when I became Dan's wife and got out of the Air Force. I was okay with it then, and I am okay with it now. Please continue to lift us up. You guys are awesome.


2 comments:
I'm keeping you guys in my prayers! I can't imagine what you are facing. Being an Air Force spouse myself, this hits so close to home and I know this same thing could happen to me and my family. Thinking of you guys... E
I TOLD you that you are one of the strongest women I know. And this very post supports that statement. God has chosen this path for you and your family, and blessings will abound for your faithfulness and trust in Him. I love you. I'm excited to see all God has in store for you! :)
Kathrine
Post a Comment