The book I chose was "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch. Of course, it is a popular book but it is a touching book nonetheless. I BAWLED while reading it to him just a few nights ago.
I know I have mentioned that Noah hasn't felt well but despite his feeling bad, he's become super bonded to my mom and dad. His "Janny and Grandaddy" are who he runs to when he's feeling insecure or scared and that is so awesome to me.
Tonight, Janny came home from work and we came home from Troy (to my folks' new home in Montgomery) and she wanted some time with her boy. She picked up this book to read to him while I was in his sweet nursery at their house changing his sheets (he woke up with poop in his HAIR! It was everywhere!!)So while I changed sheets, Noah was being read to by my mommy. I heard her singing the "I'll love you forever, I love you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be" to my boy. She choked up half way through like I thought she would and of course, so did I. I know that she was thinking of her mommy who passed away at age 102 in 2003 and we miss her everyday.
There is NOTHING like hearing your "mommy" read to her grandson (YOUR baby) and know she used to read to you just the same way. Nothing. My mom loves me so much and for that, I am overwhelmed. She was and is the best Mom ever and I am so thankful she is mine. And lucky Noah: he has the BEST Janny ever. God is so good.


2 comments:
Okay. Is it weird that I am now bawling? I hope not because I surely am! Well I think Noah is quite the lucky guy to have such a wonderful Janny to love him for always and forever. =-)
How sweet... I know how you feel. When we are in AL Callie would rather be with her MeMe and Grammy than with me or Brien. It makes me feel so good since we live so far away. I LOVE our parents and my mother in law so to watch Callie love them so much makes me so happy;-) I'm glad you are getting to spend time with your parents...and a little JEALOUS!!!!!
Post a Comment