We were waiting to hear from his buddy at the intelligence assignment center and his opinion was going to be the final opinion to consider before Dan stopped chasing down other options. When he heard that this deployment was far and away better than "98%" of all other intelligence deployments, we were both sold that this was the path Dan's career was to take.
He's up for Major board this year and we think that this is the best step for him to take career wise. It will be so challenging for our family and I continue to ask for prayer in this next year and a half. But I feel an eerie peace all around me and I am grateful for that.
Dan will be a solid addition to the Army team he will be joining up with and I am thankful he's my husband. I feel that our country is better because of men and women like him that are willing to give life and limb in service of our great nation. Dan will leave in a few short weeks to begin his combat training in preparation for this deployment. That is a hard sentence to type: combat training......
Continue to lift up my husband, Noah's daddy, Todd's brother, Kelly and Annie's brother-in-law, and Carol and Brad Beall's (as well as Jack and Janice Hawkins's) son in your daily prayers. He's an adored man and I want him back with us all safe and sound.
But my heart is also with this nation's mission in the Middle East and I find mySelf being as selfless as I can possibly be in this situation. I want peace - ultimate peace - that we find in Christ Jesus shared worldwide and who better than to go forth and help spread the Good News as he spreads Democracy than Dan? I can think of no one better.
Thanks again to you incredible Prayer Warriors.


4 comments:
Katie and Dan,
I am so sad that Dan will be gone for so long, but i am also so proud of him.But i am also proud of you. This will be a tough time for you and Noah and both of your men will need your strength. You come from a long line of strong women and will have all of our prayers to walk thru this. Bring Noah and come stay with Mike and Me as long as you want. We love you and will keep you all in our prayers.
leigh ann
Katie - I am a friend of Boothe's and I just wanted to thank you for being a strong wife and mother to a soldier than we are all SO GREATFUL for. You all are strong and YOU WILL have people praying for you and your family...people that you don't even know. God Bless...
Caroline
Oh, Katie, this is beautiful and wonderful--from the pictures to your writings! You were always such a beautiful (inside and out), mature, chritian young lady. I can tell that you have grown even more in your walk with Christ!
Dan and Noah help make your life complete, and I am so happy that you have them. They are both so handsome!!!
Katie, you wouldn't be human if you didn't have ups and downs; but through the tears can come joy! That reminds me of the scripture: Psalm 30:5-B "Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy comes in the morning." I've quoted this to myself many times in my life, and it always helps.
Much love,
Miss Gail
Praying for sure Katie!!
Post a Comment