- 31 1/2 inches long
- 25 lbs, 4 ounces (he only gained 1 pound since he was 9 months)
- 18 1/2 inch head circumference
His pediatrician, Dr. Judd, is so wonderful. She loves Noah and he loves her. We will miss her when we move in June. Noah had a great visit till we were sent out to the waiting room to wait till he was called back for his vaccinations (MMR, Hep A, Prevnar and flu). He was entertaining himself and playing with another little girl. He began to chase her and he slipped and landed square on his chin. All hysteria broke loose! He now has a terribly black and blue chin but I am so thankful he didn't break a tooth or bite his tongue in the fall. As soon as I got him calmed down (it was nothing a little "doose" (juice) and hugs couldn't take care of!), they called him back for his shots. Wow, did I feel like a bad mom while we held him down and he looked me pleadingly in the eyes and screamed! He hasn't cried through shots in so long but these 4 hurt.
We did a lot of research and praying about what to do regarding vaccinations. I initially decided (well, Dan and I did but I was the one doing the majority of the research) that we were going to do the Dr. Sears' method of vaccinating and space them out. However, we flew to the Mainland with Noah when he was 2 months old and with the amount of germs and diseases on the planes between here and the States, our doctor really advised us to get him fully vaccinated in accordance with the Acadamy's recommendations. As I said in my previous entry, there isn't a day that I don't lay my hands over him in complete authority and plead the blood of Jesus all over his body. We are confident that vaccinating him fully is the best method for us and ultimately, for him. There are so many parents choosing NOT to vaccinate these days that diseases that had become obsolete are breaking out again all over the place. We decided that it is wiser to prevent and take the miniscule risk of side effects than to expose his little system to germs that could wipe him out should he come into contact with them.
I am presently listening to him wailing in his crib. He's so overtired from the week's events and now from the pain of his accident and shots that napping seems to be out of the question. Darn it... I have so much packing to do for our trip this weekend! But, hey, who can complain when their child is so healthy!? Not me.


1 comment:
Hey Katie! Noah is just adorable. I LOVE his hair.
We all second guess ourselves as mothers but in the end you just have to do the best you can and rely on God to protect them and watch over them. It looks like your doing a fabulous job!
Post a Comment