My sweet husband leaves today for Montgomery, Alabama where he will be doing Squadron Officer School at Maxwell Air Force Base for the next 6 weeks. For you non-military types, this is necessary career progression training for all O-3s. Unfortunately, Dan already completed the coursework for SOS online last year but it is better to also do it in-residence. He actually wasn't supposed to go till September but that was after we move and the 'higher ups' got him into an earlier course at the last minute. So, he leaves today and Noah and I go next Sunday to join him. We will all come back to Hawaii on 29 March.
Since Alabama is obviously home for me, then there is no excuse for my not traveling there as well. My parents are aching to have Noah home and with them moving into their beautiful new home at The Waters on March 5th, it will be great to be there to help, have help with Noah and transition into a new home as a family. We are all very excited for this new phase in my parents' lives.
Yes, my dad is still Chancellor at Troy and will remain there till a) he either decides 100% to run for governor of Alabama or b) he decides NOT to run and fulfills his contract to Troy and chooses to retire. Either way, my folks are moving into their own home in Montgomery, Alabama and will still use the Chancellor's home in Troy to entertain and stay in when needed.
There is so much to do to get my husband ready to go. As I said, this was a last minute TDY and his orders were just processed yesterday... he leaves today. I have had a lot to do: get my ticket for me and Noah squared away, get our bills paid, get Dan ready and then have SO much to do this next week by myself such as get our animals taken care of for the month we are gone and pack for myself and a little guy. It is times like this that I would give anything to live closer to my family so I could have some help! I envy people who have grandma living just down the road. Oh well, maybe our next assignment will afford us a little less distance between us and grandparents! Speaking of which, I have a lot of you asking if we yet know where we will be moving. The answer is 'not yet.' But as soon as we find out and can process it ourselves, we will let you know (I am still praying for the South!).
Katie


1 comment:
hey Katie!...I added you to my blog roll a couple of days ago under Katie. (thanks for the reminder!...normally my "Mommy Brain" would have forgotten:):) I still have Baby Beall linked so that I can see pics of my cute little cousin whenever I want...and I'm not talking about Dan! haha:)!!
I hope you enjoy some sweet time with your family in Alabama. Give your Momma and Daddy a hug from me and. Tell them Congrats on the new home! Did I tel you I saw it in person...I just didn't know which one was theirs at the time. My best friend lives in Montgomery and she took me to the Waters on my last trip there. Hope you guys get there safely and effortlessly!!!:):)
Post a Comment