Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This Time 'Round

Whew... it was 103 degrees here in Louisiana yesterday... What were we thinking when we decided it was time to try for Baby Beall #2 last fall?! I certainly wasn't thinking of the heat. And it is wiping me out.

So, I think I have been pretty upbeat about my pregnancy woes this time around. However, I do have a few complaints. I just finished telling Dan that I have mentally and physically reached the end of this pregnancy. 34 weeks and I do NOT remember being this worn out last time. Maybe it was because I didn't have a toddler in the throws of the Terrible Twos? Maybe it was because it wasn't this hot in Hawaii in February? Whatever the case, I am just done with being pregnant and am so ready to hold our baby girl.

At this point:

I have had to retire my beautiful wedding rings. This time they fit till almost 30 weeks. Last time, I put them up at about 16 weeks! I so miss my diamonds :(

My favorite thing to do these days is to sit in a hot bath with tons of Ahava eucalyptus bath salts. But when I get out of that deep tub, Shamu beware! It takes soo much effort.

I have only gained about 25 pounds. Still more than I wanted to gain this pregnancy but half of what I gained overall with Noah. I am pretty proud and should thank Noah for making me chase him all day. Maybe that has helped!

I am super irritable... Like, I have decided that I want to get rid of our dog. I am not sure why Piper gets the brunt of my agitation but I want her out of this house! The dog hair, the barking, the annoying staring she does all day. I want no part of it anymore. Yet, I did go through this same thing when I was at the end of the pregnancy with Noah. Poor Piper! I am sure once Ellyotte's here and Piper's entertaining Noah all day that my attitude will change towards her again. Let's hope so - for her sake!

My cravings have sort of been non-existant this time. But I do crave Coca Cola constantly. Again, maybe because of the heat? I adore that drink whereas I haven't ever craved it before. And anything that smells of eucalyptus or mint or Pine Sol, I want to eat. Seriously I have thought about tasting my bath salts. Pica disorder, anyone?! I promise I haven't tried any of the three but I so have thought about it :)

Sleeping = not happening anymore for me. I have restless leg like nobody's business! My doctor gave me a low dose of Ambien but it doesn't help much. So I lay awake with a twitchy leg till all hours of the night. Dan actually woke up the other night around 2 am to TELL ME to go to sleep! I laughed out loud and replied: "You think I am staying awake for my health!?" He then told me to try harder to fall asleep... Men.

But with all the crazy aches and pains and constant needs to go to the bathroom, nothing can take away the excitement we have to meet baby Ellyotte in about 5 weeks. I can't wait to smell her, hold her, love her and know what her hair color is going to be!! (Just kidding... but not really.)

This has been a somewhat easy pregnancy and I am thankful. Stressful here at the end, yes. But that's not because of anything "Ellyotte" related - just extraneous life situations that are resolved in time and through prayer. I am truly thankful.





No comments: