On Tuesday, I took Noah to school and on my way there, I started counting the number of contractions I had been having and their length and frequency. Suddenly, my stomach seized up in a painful and constant contraction. I called my doctor and she directed me to Labor and Delivery immediately. Keep in mind I am only 33 weeks along. I called Dan and he met me there.
I was a wreck: in pain, crying, desparate to keep Ellyotte where she was. They put me into a gown and into a delivery room and hooked me up to monitors. To make a long story very short, I obviously wasn't in labor. And Dr. Gomez said - after many hours of monitoring - that Ellyotte's report was "A+", but she was really worried about me. Even while talking to the doctor, I was weeping. I couldn't control my emotions and everything that had been going on in our lives came pouring out of me.
She insisted on keeping me till Tuesday night so Dan had to go get Noah from school and take care of the people coming to the house to start water damage repairs. The doctor also told me (after running many tests) that I had suffered a major anxiety attack that caused the contractions. She put me on a prescription for a fast working anti-anxiety med that is safe for use in pregnancy.
Unfortunately, that medicine turns me into a zombie so there is no way that I can take it on a regular basis. But what I am being forced by Dan and doctor to do is to slow down and take care of me - and essentially of Ellyotte. That's hard to do with an active 2 year old who is doing all he can to get negative AND positive attention as we prepare for a new baby! But given the scare we went through on Tuesday, resting and being more cautious and taking care of myself is my only option.
Giving up all my seemingly endless worries is a tough thing to do. I am a controlling personality so I want to make sure every facet of my life and others in my life are in order. So I am praying God starts to reveal to me how to "let go." Tough to do but very, very necessary for all of us!


1 comment:
I am praying for you and your sweet family!
Post a Comment