Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

35 Weeks!

On one hand, I can say that this pregnancy has gone by fast. But on the other, not so much. It has been in the 100s+ each day here in Louisiana and the humidity is stifling. But that's to be expected in the Bayou. The wildlife is loving this heat, too: about 7 miles from our home, a 12 foot gator was caught and killed cruising the boat ramp in the Red River. AHHHH! And snakes are everywhere - I am so petrified that Piper is going to get behind our shed and find one and think that she can play with it... My family dog, Tootsie, did that when I was 10 in Troy, Alabama and poor thing lost the battle with the water mocasin.

My sweet girlfriend, Season (who is due with her second one - Baby Keegan - in September), told me that I looked not only tired but really bloated yesterday. Leave it to your closest friends to be completely honest! But there is nothing I can do for this bloating when it is hot as Hades outside.

I have said it time and again that this past month has been extremely difficult for me. Part of the reason for that was because I had discontinued a medication that I had been on for years and the withdrawals were unbelievably overwhelming. My doctor called me to check on me yesterday and although I had been feeling completely hopeless and exhausted this time last week, I could honestly say that - starting Monday - I am back to my "old" self. Praise God. Dan couldn't be happier too; he's been the biggest worrier when it comes to my happiness and health this pregnancy.

Speaking of my husband.... What a wonderful man I married. I am tearing up right now thinking about him and all the selfless things he's done for me, Noah and Ellyotte lately so that we are as happy as possible. He is Noah's best buddy and I cannot WAIT to see what a sucker for our baby girl he's gonna be. He already loves his "daddy/daughter time" when he gets to talk to her each day and watch/feel her move about.

He's working INSANE hours these days. Last week, Noah went from Saturday - Friday without seeing his daddy once; despite Dan working 5 minutes from home. He's been under an enormous amount of stress at work and it has been tough around here as I have been trying to deal with the flooding mess/repairs, prepping for E., taking care of Noah AND teaching a course for TU. All without my husband around.

On Friday, when he got off of a very long shift, he walked through the door with an arm full of flowers! Just because. He thanked me for being patient and being a good "military wife" and taking care of our boy despite being 20 months pregnant.

The rest of the weekend he spent making sure I was rested - he got up at 7 both mornings with Noah and let me sleep in, he sent me off to see a movie with girlfriends while he took care of Noah, he took us rocking chair shopping (we moved the "Gucci" rocker to Ellyotte's room and Noah got a big boy looking chair), then he took us to dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. He mowed the grass, moved furniture back into one of our destroyed rooms, cleaned the house... he went above and beyond this weekend. I am truly thankful for my husband.

It is hard to believe that in just over a month, we will be holding Baby Ellyotte. I have most of her clothes washed and ready for her, she's got diapers galore, and her room is so beautiful. We just need her in it now! I will set up the bassinet in our room soon - I look forward to having her sleeping in our room for those first couple of months.

Physically, I feel as good as you can this far along. I am really big because of bloating but am trying to stay inside in the a/c as much as possible to help that. Nights are the worst because she is laying on nerves that cause my legs to twitch constantly! My doc gave me some Ambien in a light doseage but it doesn't stop the twitching so I just don't take it. So most nights, I lay there till about 2 waiting to fall asleep. Not fun! But I really love the fact that I now need a nap during the day so most days, Noah and I cuddle up in our bed for his naps. He's my cuddle bug so I treasure those hours of uninterrupted, peaceful time with Noah.

I doubt Ellyotte will be coming early - Noah certainly did not. But in the event that changes, I will update you guys! My mom is coming out this weekend while my dad is in China so she can help me with Noah. Dan's in the middle of the biggest event of the summer for his work so he won't be home next week and Noah's school is out of session for the week. Thankfully my mom is free to come out and give me an extra set of hands. Yay! I can't wait for Jan-Jan to get here.

1 comment:

Rachel Zangrando said...

I cannot wait to see this precious little girl. Kudos to Dan too for being such a great "Baby Daddy"! ;) God bless sweet friend.