She's locked into place and although she moves her body all around like a wiggle worm, her head is locked and loaded. I had my 35 week appointment today and my doctor checked and I am less than a centimeter dilated and she's still way high. But despite those two facts, Ellyotte is giving me a run for my money in the flattening-of-my-bladder-and all internal organs department!
My blood pressure and weight gain are all still good and on track. But we haven't had a day in weeks that has been cooler than 101 degrees here in Louisiana so that hasn't helped the bloating that I have been experiencing. And the other thing that is frustrating is the inability to fall asleep at night! Each time I settle down into bed, my legs start twitching. I guess that's due to her position as well but it is so annoying! There are nights that I just lay in bed till 2 am waiting for sleep to come.
All in all, I am still doing very well and while it seems like I have been pregnant for years this time around, we are definitely in the home stretch. I start seeing my doctor weekly. Noah is more than ready too: he's been patting my belly and asking if it is time for Ellyotte to come out! He doesn't understand why his mama is the size of Shamu the Whale!!
My neighbor had her baby girl (their 3rd child) yesterday via c-section. I went by to meet baby Molly today and to say it was surreal is an understatement. She weighed 6 lbs 15 oz and it was wild to see her in the flesh when just 48 hours ago, her mama was waddling with her in her belly. I teared up a bit when I met her because it became all the more real to me that in less than a month, Ellyotte will be here too.
Noah's been doing well. We are still going through some terrible two spurts but he's such a sweet boy. He loves his big boy room and bed so much and has gotten fabulous at entertaining himself even more. He also is 100% potty trained - yay! We honestly didn't have to do much other than let him run around naked a lot and watch us use the potty. He got the hang of it just fine. The only hurdle we have had lately is that he wants to go #2 in the BACKYARD like the dog! Ugh. That is so gross and can be a real battle when he wants it to be. He's still using a pull up during the day when we go out into public but will most always tell us when he has to go and rarely has accidents. Go Noah!
Things are going well - just suffering a bit in the heat and Dan's ridiculous work schedule. He's been working 15+ hour days for weeks now and it won't change till next week. But once he's done with this big inspection (that will go through the weekend - he hasn't had a weekend off in about 4 weeks...) he will have some time off awarded and we will get to have some "family time" as the three of us before baby Ellyotte arrives. I am looking forward to that BIG TIME! I miss my husband :)


1 comment:
I am so excited to "meet" Miss E! You've been a trooper, Katie! Keep your chin up...Can't wait to see more pics :) XOXO
Post a Comment