My doctor had the home health nurse check my blood count and while my platelets were high, everything else seemed to be okay momentarily. Now, that doesn't mean the clot has dissolved yet - I can still very much feel its presence in my lung because I still get random shortness of breath. But with continued thinners in my system for the next 9-12 months at least, it should break up and reabsorb eventually.
I am tired - but I can't tell if it is from having a newborn and a toddler or from the clot. The infection in my incision and my mastitis cleared up (thankfully) with the help of antibiotics. One less thing to worry about and suffer from!
Ellyotte is such a blessing - she is such a peaceful baby and at this point, she sleeps about 5 hours at a time which means she wakes only once at night. She still sleeps so much - and I try to enjoy it as much as possible. When she's awake, she's so sweet and happy. She is a true blessing and joy. God gives us exactly what we need when we need it and He knew that I needed a happy, easy baby this time around (Noah was NOT easy!).
We had Carol (my mother in law) here from D.C. for a week and it was great having the help. Now my sister in law, Annie, comes tonight thru Saturday and after that, the help is gone :( It is hard to believe that Ellyotte was born 4 weeks ago tomorrow. And it is so hard to comprehend how much we have gone through in the past 4 weeks - one never, ever thinks that something as serious as a blood clot will happen to them but it is true: in a blink of an eye, we can be gone.
The night my mom left (so a little over a week ago) and just a week after the clot happened, Dan and I put a movie on and ate pizza (date night!). The name of the movie was "The Boys are Back" starring Clive Owens. Let. me. tell. you.... it was like watching our story and how it would've been had I not survived. It is about a husband who loses his young wife suddenly leaving him and two boys behind. Get this: her name was KATIE too. WHAT?!
The story is about how they cope and grieve and process their loss. It was so surreal because we were watching our possible story and "what if" story on the screen. Praise God that we aren't living that movie but, wow, what a horrible movie to watch a week after going through what we went through!
Our new normal continues to be more normal as the days go on. Dan's back to work, I am starting to figure out how to conserve energy and rest when I need to and am also starting to get this whole mom-of-two concept. Maybe one day I will be a pro! But, until then, this ain't easy ;)


1 comment:
Girl, I'm so sorry you've been going through all this. But so happy you are alive and well! Sounds like you are in good spirits though! Keep up your recovery and our prayers will be with you!
Post a Comment