I started the week with very little energy and just not feeling well. Tuesday was even rougher because when my nurse came to draw my daily blood, she found that my levels had dropped for no apparant reason. That was way disturbing to us because I was on serious levels of Coumadin and my shots, Lovenox (2x a day). But, by Wed, my levels increased back to 2.0 and by yesterday (and because they had me on 2.5 times the normal amount of Coumadin) they had risen to 2.6. What a blessing!
So, Dan just gave me my *last* (HOPEFULLY!) shot in the stomach this morning and we are hopeful that when my nurse comes this afternoon, she will see that my levels are stable and that I won't have to have bloodwork done every day. I will remain on the oral thinners indefinitely but the shots should be done.... Hallelujah!!! My sides are so bruised and pathetic with shot marks.
My mom left this morning and we were sad. But it will be nice to have me feeling somewhat better and our family of 4 alone this weekend before my mother in law comes Monday for a week. We need and love the help but poor Noah needs his mom and dad back exclusively for a few days. He's missing his Jan-Jan already and is super excited Grammy comes Monday.
We took Ellyotte to her 2 week check up. Unfortunately, she's only 7 lbs, 9 ozs - down 5 ounces from her birthweight still. She should've reached her birthweight by now so we are continuing to supplement her in addition to breastfeeding. I am doing my best as is she with the nursing but I think the stress and scary events we went through last week doubled up with my separation from my baby for 3 days did a number on my supply.
So I am working to increase my milk so she won't have to be supplemented. I am committed to nursing her for at least 6 weeks and after that, I will see how I feel about nursing vs. formula. Noah was a formula baby and is just fine, so I am still pushing through for the next 4 weeks and will decide then based on my supply. But I refuse to supplement in addition to breast feeding indefinitely - that is such a pain. I would rather do one and not both.
Dan's still home with us till Monday. I meet with my internist on Monday to see where we stand with the blood clot - I am anxious to make sure that this was a one time event and not a disorder. I hopefully will find this out on Monday and will let you know.
Thank you all for continued prayers - I need them everyday. While I feel better and while my numbers continue to improve, the clot remains in my lung. It hasn't been absorbed or removed from my lung and will take some time to go away. So I am still having to take it easy and think more of myself first (not easy to do for a mom of 2). But my sweet husband and mom have taken great care of me and are almost MEAN about making me sit down or go to bed. It is annoying but I am learning to get used to it and learning to let go of the control I am used to having over my home!
Please remember me in your prayers still - and pray this clot out of my system permanently. I am ready to be 100% healed!


1 comment:
Katie, thinking of you often. Take it easy. Praying for a full recovery. Hang in there and give yourself time. Love you girl!
Post a Comment