I did have an appointment with my internist on Monday and we learned some disturbing things about how this clot came about and how (without our ever knowing it) my pregnancy with Ellyotte was extremely high risk. But that update will have to happen on another day when I have some more time to type.
Ellyotte is 3 weeks old now - time is going quickly. However, I am still not back to normal post-blood clot. In fact, my c-section incision became infected this week AND I developed a raging case of mastitis from nursing. Wow, talk about pain. But I am now on an antibiotic that is compatible with my Coumadin blood thinners and it is helping a lot. Praise God - those are two infections one doesn't want to suffer through!
Noah is still doing incredibly well as a big brother! I am so proud of him. We had a serious setback in the potty training department but I have high hopes that he will get back on a schedule soon. He just loves his little sister so much - it really does warm my heart. And my mother in law is here now and has been such help. Noah is having tons of fun with her! They do crafts each day and play till they are BOTH worn out! It will be hard to let her go back to D.C. on Monday... Noah will miss his buddy and I will miss the help. She's been fabulous.
Ellyotte is sleeping so much still. Not complaining because I know it will all change soon! At night, she wants to be in bed with me so I really want to avoid forming that habit. But it is hard to not let her sleep with us since I get so sleepy with the interrupted sleep night after night. She's going about 4 hours (sometimes 5) at night between feedings. I am proud of this little baby. She's really the most laid back, precious baby I have ever experienced. What a blessing!



1 comment:
She is just beautiful Katie!! In one picture she totally looks just like you and in the next one just like Dan! I hope you continue to get better and things get adjusted around the house soon. After 4 kids, the hardest was going from 1 child to 2 children. You can do it. Just get yourself better first!! Love, Elly
Post a Comment