Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Letter from a Hero

For those of you who know me well or who have been following my writings since www.babybeall.com days, you know my love and unwaivering support of our former President George W. Bush. I know that many of you who are Obama supporters just won't like this entry... so if you are too terribly offended, then just skip reading this one!

The night before the current president's inauguration, I was overcome with sadness and emptiness and for the first time in a long while, a feeling that the protection I had so enjoyed was being taken away from me. I couldn't believe the open hatred and ungratitude that the incoming president, his party or the majority of Americans were exhibiting towards the man who had led our country through one of the darkest times in our history. People were holding the door open for him to get kicked out and were laughing as he went. How audacious of this nation. Yet I remained and will always remain steadfast in my support and continued prayer for who I believe to be a great man of God.

So on the eve of the inauguration, I wrote a "letter" to President Bush giving him my humble and completely inadequate words of gratitude. I never, EVER thought he would read the letter at all, but God works in mysterious ways! My mom read the letter that I posted on babybeall.com and sent it to her friend, Mr. Karl Rove. They have been friends since he visited Troy University a couple of years ago and remain in touch. He immediately emailed her back to tell her that he had emailed President Bush my letter directly.

A few days later, my dad's secretary (who Mr. Rove also stays in touch with) received a phone call from President Bush's personal assistant. She asked for my mailing address, email address, former Air Force rank and my husband's Air Force rank. We left Island for the month of March, but when I returned, I had received a personal letter from Mr. Bush himself thanking me for what I wrote. HE HAD VIEWED NOAH'S WEBSITE! What?!

This is the letter that he wrote to me. I have just now had a chance to scan it and share it with you all. Whether you supported the former president or not, no one can deny that he had the most daunting job during the most horrible time in our history to date. I find it an honor to be contacted by a man under whose command I humbly served during my time in the U.S. active duty military. His name will always hang on our walls on our commissioning certificates and now on a letter that he personally wrote to me and to my family.



3 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

That is very cool!! I would be proud too! I'll have to go check out babybeall.com now! ;)

Katie said...

nicole, babybeall.com expired when we created this blog! but i am so honored mr. bush checked it out :)

mjs said...

how awesome, katie! what an honor.