![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
We had plans to get up yesterday and go to church, go to lunch with Stacie, David and Baby David and relax yesterday afternoon. However, I woke up feeling terrible: nausceous, weak, and I thought it was just from a lack of sleep. But by the time we had taken our Mother's Day photos, gotten allll the way to church, Dan looked at me and said "We need to turn around." By the time the 3 of us got home, Dan and I couldn't run to the bathroom fast enough before throwing up. He had a fever and was so weak and I spent the rest of the day getting worse and vomiting more. It was AWFUL! Noah felt fine except for a little diarreah but we couldn't wait for him to go to bed so we could too! We put him down a little before 7 and by 8:30 pm, it was lights out for K & D Beall.
Dan went on to work this morning and I feel a tad better. But I am still extremely weak and achey. Dan called to say he's coming home early because he's still feeling bad and he knows I need some help today with Noah as I recover. (This is why living close to family comes in handy at times like these! I need a grandma or an aunt to come rescue me). Please pray that Noah doesn't get this virus - it was miserable for us yesterday and we are adults. I can't imagine him feeling that bad. Don't feel too sorry for me: I woke up this morning to a precious card and some Jello made with love that Dan left for me before he went to work! And on Wednesday night, Dan is taking me out to a fabulous restaurant where we have reservations while Stacie stays with Noah after he goes to bed. I can't wait!
Here are some of the photos taken on Saturday at the Mother's Day bash and then yesterday morning before we headed out the door and ALMOST made it to church! I did tell Dan that even though we were super sick, it was the first mother's day that I felt like a real MAMA. This time last year, I was at my sister's law school graduation with a 2.5 month old in Virginia and without my husband. I felt like a machine who was only needed to change diapers, feed Noah and be there when he cried (constantly). What a difference a year makes!



2 comments:
OH NO!!! glad you are feeling better! That sounded horrible though. ANd that party sounds like it was SO fun! I know you are excited to be closer to home, but what a wonderful experience to live in Hawaii!!! Wade was stationed in Portugal before we met and we have since gotten out of the military, so bummer I won't be living over seas. ;(
I am sorry you were sick. If it makes you feel better I think I had the same virus. I however did make it to sunday school but left church because I was feeling so bad. I made it home just in time to throw up. I got in the bed and stayed there until I had to get up this morning to take the boys to school. Drew and Ben both had the virus last week. I promise you it is much worse on us than it is them! Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment