Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dear Billy

Years ago when I was a middle schooler in Troy, Alabama, I met a guy named Billy Atchinson. He was an active member in the college ministry at First Baptist Church where I was an active member in the youth group. Billy was always part of our Disciple Nows and was a great mime (facepaint included!). He is so theatrical, funny, creative and on fire for Christ. I am not sure when it was that I first met Billy but he quickly endeared himself to my family somehow! He is a hilarious guy. Full of life and love for the Lord. We always knew that Billy would marry a great girl and have many fun kids.

I lost touch with him through the years but recently crossed paths with him and his family when I discovered their blog through other friends' blogs. I have spent the last few nights reading back to last July 2008 when their lives changed forever and have shed many tears for them. They were blessed with 4 beautiful babies and their oldest daughter, Alaina (4), contracted meningitis and within 24 hours and without any warning, she went on to Heaven. Her mom, Hope (Billy's wife), was the one who found her the next morning and had to perform CPR.

Reading back on their blog and seeing how God has been leading them on the journey through the valley of grief is heartwrenching. I have been reminded through their story that life is SO short and every minute with our babies and with our husbands and families are so important and precious.

I encourgage you to read through their blog if you want to be inspired to love God even more through the storms of life; theirs is a story to be admired and it is incredibly inspiring.

http://billyandhopeatchison.blogspot.com/

Their blog is also on my blog roll on the left side under "Along the Road."

No comments: