![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
A new camera is so much fun! It seems to provide a fresh pair of eyes to see the beauty and brilliance right in front of you all over again. I went ahead today and splurged on a new camera. As you all know, we take a TON of photos and the point-and-shoot Sony 7.1 megapixels had done a semi-decent job these past 2 years. But twice we have had the tracking come off within the lens so the camera has jammed and the only way to get it to work again is to send it back to the company. Yuck.
So I did some research and polled some of my mommy-photographer friends and decided to go for it. Normally, researching is not my job; Dan loves to research and research... and research a product and then after several months, he will get around to buying it. But I don't operate like that when it comes to cameras.
After Noah's 1st nap of the day, we loaded up and went to the massive Navy Exchange mall here on Island. It is like a Macy's for military members only - and it is tax free. I strolled into the camera section and right into a demonstration of Sony's newest and coolest camera. The Sony rep was there and was showing it to another elderly gentleman when I walked up. Then another man came over and within 5 minutes of telling us about this camera (coupled with the incredible price and it being tax free), we were all in line to purchase our own. There were 3 left in stock in the store so we all lucked out.
I thought Dan would be upset with me for being impulsive, but surprisingly, he was really excited to see that I had done my homework and had bought the best that was out there in our price range. So, if you haven't been innundated with Noah and Family photos yet, get ready! It will be a photography session like none other this next month and a half that we live in Hawaii.
These are a few of the photos I took within the first few hours of trying to figure out how to work the new addition. The flowers (plumbago, hibiscus, and Birds of Paradise) are all on our back patio and all of which I planted. I am very proud of the vibrant, brilliant colors that have come from my not-so-usually-green-thumb!
I thought Dan would be upset with me for being impulsive, but surprisingly, he was really excited to see that I had done my homework and had bought the best that was out there in our price range. So, if you haven't been innundated with Noah and Family photos yet, get ready! It will be a photography session like none other this next month and a half that we live in Hawaii.
These are a few of the photos I took within the first few hours of trying to figure out how to work the new addition. The flowers (plumbago, hibiscus, and Birds of Paradise) are all on our back patio and all of which I planted. I am very proud of the vibrant, brilliant colors that have come from my not-so-usually-green-thumb!




3 comments:
I love it! these are awesome pics!
I look forward to your awesome pictures. Noah is so photogenic and cute.
Those pictures are amazing, Katie!! Good job... I want one!!
Post a Comment