"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction." -- Antoine de Saint Exupery
There are limited people in our lives who will vow to stand beside us when no one else will. But I am certain that while I may feel beaten down, rejected, sad, and unworthy, every morning I wake up beside a man who adores me and who would lay down his life for mine.
My whole life, I had one overwhelming desire and that was to be swept off of my feet for a lifetime.... The heated passion that Dan and I immediately felt for one another was eventually joined by the spiritual connection that only occurs when "two become one."
When we wed on October 15, 2005, I was certain that my life couldn't become any richer. Then we found out that we were expecting Noah. I loved Noah from the moment I conceived him, but no one could prepare me for the waves of the most intense love imaginable that were about to descend upon me.
I hold my little boy now and breathe him in and it is in those quiet, peaceful moments alone with him that I am confident that I had never known selfless love until I became his mom. The way that he trusts me with complete abandon is beyond my comprehension; I am his entire world and Noah is truly the love of my and my husband's life. With no questions asked, I would give life and limb for my child.
Tonight was a hard night for me and my husband knew that. He just let me be and didn't require explanation or words. Dan just came over to me while I was washing dishes, wrapped his arms around me and whispered "I am sorry you are hurting." He didn't need to know exactly why nor did he feel like he had to do something; he just reassured me that he loved me and my hurt was his hurt. To be loved that completely goes beyond anything I ever expected as a little girl.
When all is said and done and everyone else on this earth might abandon me, I know that my boys require me; they need me. My family coupled with that handful of friends that have been my rock for decades now reassure me that I am indeed a blessed, blessed woman. And even better, I have the absolute certainty that when even my husband, my son, my family, and my closest friends have made their way to heaven - be it before me - that I am never, ever truly alone.
There are limited people in our lives who will vow to stand beside us when no one else will. But I am certain that while I may feel beaten down, rejected, sad, and unworthy, every morning I wake up beside a man who adores me and who would lay down his life for mine.
My whole life, I had one overwhelming desire and that was to be swept off of my feet for a lifetime.... The heated passion that Dan and I immediately felt for one another was eventually joined by the spiritual connection that only occurs when "two become one."
When we wed on October 15, 2005, I was certain that my life couldn't become any richer. Then we found out that we were expecting Noah. I loved Noah from the moment I conceived him, but no one could prepare me for the waves of the most intense love imaginable that were about to descend upon me.
I hold my little boy now and breathe him in and it is in those quiet, peaceful moments alone with him that I am confident that I had never known selfless love until I became his mom. The way that he trusts me with complete abandon is beyond my comprehension; I am his entire world and Noah is truly the love of my and my husband's life. With no questions asked, I would give life and limb for my child.
Tonight was a hard night for me and my husband knew that. He just let me be and didn't require explanation or words. Dan just came over to me while I was washing dishes, wrapped his arms around me and whispered "I am sorry you are hurting." He didn't need to know exactly why nor did he feel like he had to do something; he just reassured me that he loved me and my hurt was his hurt. To be loved that completely goes beyond anything I ever expected as a little girl.
When all is said and done and everyone else on this earth might abandon me, I know that my boys require me; they need me. My family coupled with that handful of friends that have been my rock for decades now reassure me that I am indeed a blessed, blessed woman. And even better, I have the absolute certainty that when even my husband, my son, my family, and my closest friends have made their way to heaven - be it before me - that I am never, ever truly alone.


No comments:
Post a Comment