Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another Appointment Update

Today I had my 38 week appointment. I guess technically it is my 37 week appointment because I will have my c-section at 39 weeks. But... whatever. The doctor said it was 38 weeks because I guess they make the due date the day I will actually deliver. So 38 weeks it is!

Anyway, I had my appointment today and it went well. Despite monstrous contractions, though, I am still not dilated at all and Ellyotte hasn't yet dropped. My doctor just shrugged her shoulders and reminded me that Noah's arrival was the exact same: I never progressed at all and had a c-section then.

She said that some women just never have that "natural" experience, for whatever reason. She said sometimes your pelvic structure, your genetics, many things can contribute to lack of the natural labor process.

All that said, Ellyotte's heartbeat is still in the 140s and she's still very active and growing. That is good - I am thankful that our baby is thriving and even though I am BEYOND miserable (!!!) I am looking forward to these next 2 weeks as a small family of 3.

My mom and dad come out next weekend to get some time with Noah and me and Dan and we are excited to have them here. Maybe we will even utilize their babysitting services and have a date while they are here the weekend before she arrives!

Until next update...!


No comments: