Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 12, 2010

Diagnosis

Well, with 8.5 days to go till Ellyotte arrives, we have finally been given a diagnosis for Noah's cough and breathing issues: he has asthma. Not at ALL what we wanted to hear but at least we know what the problem is and can go from here.

He's been ordered to finish the current round of antibiotics, stay on allergy meds, start a liquid steroid for 5 days and begin Albuterol breathing treatments starting today. We will be seen again on Friday by his pediatrician and hopefully referred to a pulmonologist from there.

Poor baby - I hate to medicate him but I hate this cough even worse. I have asthma (diagnosed at 24), my uncle had it, my sister has it and my grandfather had it. So, since it is hereditary, it isn't surprising.

I will keep you posted. Not good news but this is a good starting point to getting our boy back to "normal."

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I'm so sorry, Katie. I know that is not what you wanted to hear. I'm happy they gave you some answers before the baby gets here.