Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Update on Noah

So many of you have been praying for Noah's coughing situation and I appreciate it. I felt that I needed to provide an update - even though I really don't have any new information (several of you have been asking through Facebook what his status is).

We literally have had Noah on and off of antibiotics since the December/January timeframe. He might get better for a few days from the cough but then it returns. He's been on allergy meds, steroids, cough syrups and about 5 different antibiotic types. It is so sad. I constantly have to keep him on probiotics or Immodium to keep his little digestive system from going into antibiotic overdrive.

We got his chest x-rayed on Thursday and didn't hear back from the doctor on Friday. She told us that if we didn't hear anything, then we could expect that the x-ray didn't reveal anything new. And even though I called her, she never called me back Friday.

He was SUCH a sport! Dan took him to get his x-rays and told him he was going to "get a picture of your chest with a big ole camera." So Noah kept saying: "Get picture of my big ole chest!" What a cutie. He did so well - he actually wanted to "do again." Nothing scares him: the dentist, the doctor, school - he's such a social little boy! I am thankful for that.

Tomorrow, I will begin the process of trying to get referred off-base (Noah is seen by an Air Force provided pediatrician) ENT and/or allergist doctor. Something's gotta give: he's on yet another antibiotic and allergy medicine yet the deep, wet coughing hasn't gone away.

We want our "baby" well before Ellyotte comes and PERIOD. No more medicines in his delicate little system - we want answers. So please pray we find out how to treat this cough and that he's healed.

No comments: