- Noah is at Mother's Day Out for the last time without having a baby sister around. I took him in and left with my hands empty of the carseat I will be carrying with Ellyotte in it from here on out.
- I am enjoying my LAST day with my son at Mother's Day Out and me home/running around alone - and am trying to relax as much as possible. Because from now on, when he's gone, I will still have a baby on my hip!
- Tonight, I will enjoy my LAST night for a while alone with Dan. We put Noah to bed between 6:30 and 7 each night and once he's down, that's our time. Tomorrow my folks get here followed by Kelly and then many other visitors. So things will remain quiet for tonight and then will get nuts!
- I made my last trip to Wal-Mart kidless (or maybe period!) for a while. I anticipate a long recovery from the second c-section and that I won't be doing much grocery shopping. And when I do, again, I will have at least one kiddo with me!
- And what is affecting me most emotionally..... Tomorrow will be my last day with Noah - just the two of us. With the arrival of my parents and Dan's paternity leave starting Monday, we will never again be alone in our house just "Mommy and Noah." I am tearing up thinking about how special tomorrow will be for us. I hope to enjoy (and have the energy to enjoy) every precious moment with him. He deserves it.
Life's changing in a matter of days. Dan and I comment each night how we are one day closer to having a baby in the Pack n Play that is set up in the corner of our room. Nights won't be as peaceful as we are used to for a while! The house won't be as clean as it is now for a while! It's about to get very unpredictable.
We are so excited for what is to come but so nervous too: neither of us have ever changed a little girl's diaper.... Never. Not once. Boys diapers are soooo easy to change - you don't have to worry about which way you wipe, or infections (ew, I know) so we are both nervous about that! And I know she's gonna be a tiny baby - she might be long like her daddy and brother, but we don't expect her to be anything but tiny. I am just not as big as I was with Noah - and while she takes up the majority of the room in my tummy, she's just not as big as I felt Noah was.
We have to get used to being very careful with a new baby! Noah and Dan play so rough.. He's a boy: that's what you are supposed to do! Noah's got his bear set up in Ellyotte's swing and we have been working on teaching him how to hold the baby and how to gently rock her, feed her, etc. He will be so sweet: he will wrap the bear in a blanket, hold it, talk to it, and then when he's done... He slams the bear across the room! AHHH. We are going to have to watch his every single move for a while.
Noah's excited: the other morning when he woke up, he patted my tummy and said "Ellyotte, you come out NOW." Then that same night when I tucked him in, he pointed to my belly and said "Ellyotte come out and take a nap right here?" (as he patted the pillow next to him). He gets the idea - and I am thankful for that.
I continue to ask for prayer in this time of change. We have a lot of changes (amazing ones) facing us and I am a bit nervous. I ask that you pray that I have the energy and patience to make tomorrow very, very special for Noah. And, I am still nervous about my surgery and I ask that you pray that it goes well and that she comes out screaming and healthy - no matter what my nervous state may be. Until the next update....!


2 comments:
Praying for you guys, I certainly hope your second C-section was not like mine.
Katie, I really enjoyed your entry, Lasts. It brought back memories from 2 years ago when Lucy was born. Your Noah will be a wonderful big brother just like my Noah is for "his Lucy." It amazes me now looking back. My Noah was 2 years and 9 months when Lucy was born. We thought he was so big then...he was anything but!
To make the transition a little smoother or, perhaps, more memorable for my Noah, Lucy brought her new big brother a Buzz Lightyear when she was born...it's amazing that she and Buzz had room in my tummy! ;-)
Cheri Honey Grimmitt
Post a Comment