Noah might be in the best and cutest mood right now, but he has got the nastiest stomach virus possible! And the smelliest diapers he's ever had to boot. We are all still incredibly jet lagged and now Dan is working the night shift tonight and tomorrow night, so this sickness has just been another challenge added to our dragging load this week. Thankfully, Noah is feeling great (aside from the horrible diarrhea plaguing him) and is sleeping great... only until he has an explosion in his diaper and he is awakened out of a deep sleep. He's a bit overtired right now but despite how badly he wants to sleep, he is one baby who refuses to sleep with a mess in his britches (not that we can blame him)!
I am keeping him as hydrated as possible with Pedialyte but you can't make a 13 month old drink if he doesn't want to. He's also got he WORST diaper rash I have ever seen - and he's never had diaper rash. He literally screams when I have to change his diaper (which I think we have changed almost 20 really bad ones today...how sad is that?) and it breaks my heart. I guess the only thing to do is to just ride out this virus till it leaves his little body! But I am taking authority over my child in prayer and am believing that he will be completely healed in the morning.
1 comment:
Hey Katie - I'm sorry Noah's so sick! Ava was about 13 months when she had a stomach bug that lasted four days. She lost two pounds, but when you're only 22 pounds, two pounds is A LOT! Her diaper rash was so bad, she had open sores on her bottom. Nathan didn't believe me, so I took a picture of her butt and e-mailed it to him...he was deployed at the time. Anyway, try a shallow bath and put baking soda with rose hips in it. And air on a bare bottom is always good, too. Ava spent much of those 4 days standing up and playing in the tub airing her bottom, because I didn't want diarrhea on my carpet. I hope he gets better soon. Take care!
Post a Comment