Our Babies

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just Call....

.... Exterminator Noah. While preparing snacks for our late afternoon jaunt to the park, Noah slipped out the sliding glass door onto the back patio. He does that constantly - he has figured out how to wedge himself between the glass and the wall and push it open so he's free.

Within the 30 seconds it took for him to get outside and me to round the corner from the kitchen to the patio, he had dug into a flower pot, pulled out an unsuspecting slug and take a massive bite out of the slug's mid-section. Yep, that's right. The bitter-faced look he had was priceless, but that didn't mean he wasn't about to take bite #2 out of it. I (of course) screamed, Dan reacted by telling me to stop OVER-reacting and I threw Noah under the hose.... the hose is becoming our constant companion these days.

Minutes after the slug-fest (ha!), I went to check on the poor creature. He had 4 teeth marks in his midsection and was struggling to stay alive. Needless to say, he didn't live much longer.

With a week starting out in a poop covered crib and poop covered mouth of a 14 month old, what else could one expect from a lazy Saturday afternoon? Certainly slug eating was somewhere on the schedule for the week!

The nastiness in this house is getting a bit out of control.... Oh, and did I mention that Noah's diaper came off on the back patio just 2 nights ago so he could poop under the porch table and just when I realized what he was doing, MY DOG ATE HIS POOP! WHAT did I get myself into with this parenting business?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Amy Hall said...

Oh Katie! That is gross! Uhgg I feel sorry for you being the only girl! I don't count Piper cause she ate the poop. That takes her out of the female loop!